Sustainability in the Life Sciences industry: a few considerations
21 September 2023
Healthcare manufacturing stands out as a significant contributor to greenhouse gas emissions and is now compelled to adopt sustainable practices to mitigate its environmental impact.
The article provides an overview of some sustainability aspects that has be considered within the product design to increase efficiency and cut costs, as:
- Water consumption and reusing.
- Cold WFI generation as an alternative for energy savings.
- The application of CFD simulation to optimize the processes.
- Process analytical technology (PAT) and Digital Twin as excellent tools for sustainable practices
- Micro-reactors, when applicable, as a highly efficient system.